Each of the 5 factors is given a maximum of 20 points. The absolute highest total score for a course is 100 points. Most respectable courses will be in the 80's to the low 90's. The score of 20 in a factor is just about perfect. We discuss these ratings at length to make sure we are both in agreement with our assessments.
1) Fee Factor- Price/rate/value of course. This is relative to the course. For example, rating a city course at $60 vs. a resort course at $125 is subjective and can only be done by trained professionals (or us).
2) Friendliness Factor- How the staff (pro shop/ starters/ rangers/ beverage cart/ baggage handlers/ maintenance/ 19th hole) treats its customers.
3) Fringe Factor - Amenities (practice facility/ clubhouse/pro shop/resort/ beverage cart/service/ restrooms/ etc. - or all if applicable)
4) From 1st Tee to Handshake Factor- Course (everything from tee to green: design/ layout/ conditions/bunkers/rough/greens/water/hazards/etc.)
5) Fun Factor- Overall experience and uniqueness of course.
For us, it goes in descending order. Most clubs should get high marks for factors 1 & 2. That is where basic good business comes into play. What separates the men from the boys is how the courses score on factors 3 to 5.
*Any opinions expressed regarding the 5 F's are of the writers and do not necessarily represent the views of WeekendWarriorGolfer.com. The information in the reviews were accurate at the time of writing. All contact information, directions, and prices should be confirmed directly with the golf course or resort before making reservations and/or travel plans.
With advertising rates less than $1 per day, your business can target the most stable demographic in the state. WeekendWarriorGolfer.com is a Michigan company dedicated to keeping Michigan dollars in Michigan. Golfers spend millions in your industry, why not at your business!